Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cheers!

Ahh, Cheers. In my teen and preteen years, it carved out a nook for itself on NBC’s Thursday night lineup (which later evolved into the quickly worn-out “Must See TV) where it stayed for 11 seasons. Admittedly, I was a bigger fan of Family Ties (I idolized Michael J. Fox), the show that immediately preceded it for most years, but I always appreciated its writing, and yes, was caught up in the sudsy Sam and Diane drama that boosted its ratings considerably by the third season.

So once again, I picked up the entire set on DVD (after futilely spending much time and effort transferring the first season to VHS from ¾” broadcast tapes while working at a TV station). Now that I have the time off, dwindling as it may be, I can, like a disturbingly inert couch potato, watch the whole series and blog my opinions about it to all of you. I don’t know all of your names, but at Cheers, I will!

Except maybe for you guys in southeast Idaho.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...