Monday, September 22, 2014

I’m from New Jersey, but…



I’ve never seen The Sopranos. Let me just put that out there before you later discover my residence and wonder why I’ve never seen the show that forever linked the Garden State with organized crime, at least in the mainstream mindset. It premiered in 1999, when I was busy with my (first) career, and I didn’t have HBO. But more than that I wasn’t diggin’, and still don’t, the type of programming the networks started developing in the mid-90s: polished, scene-less, clever-dialogue-heavy shows with lotsa shock value and little emotional connection to the characters.

Prejudging? I don’t think so. I could be wrong, or I could have changed. Or maybe I just wasn’t giving the show, or other shows of its ilk, a fair shake. So here comes the next show of the Rocket: The Sopranos. It ran for six seasons, but bear in mind that cable seasons are much shorter than network ones, so the total episode count is 86. Not a whole lot to set up here, so I’ll skip the lengthy introductions. Suffice to say, here we go! Thinkin’ about clicking to another blog? Fugghetaboutit!!! (Sorry, couldn’t resist.)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...